About Aditya Birla Scholarship 2015 for IITs, IIMs, XLRI, BITS Pilani & Law Colleges
- Aditya Birla Scholarship (ABS) Scheme was founded in the year 1999 to fulfill the dreams of late Sri Aditya Vikram Birla, the founder of Aditya Birla Group, who was of the view that the success or failure of an organization depends on its people, their talent and very obviously on the enterprise.
- Under Aditya Birla Scholarship scheme, some of the brightest scholars entering select Indian Institutes of Management (IIM), Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT) and the Birla Institute of Technology, Pilani, (BITS Pilani) and Law Colleges are groomed to become outstanding leaders.
- Every year Aditya Birla Scholarship is offered to meritorious students. The scholarship covers the academic fee as well as the hostel fees till the completion of the course which commences with the academic session of the first year.
- Scholars are evaluated on a regular basis on qualitative and quantitative parameters to judge their performance on the academic achievement and leadership.
- It is not mandatory that Scholars on successful completion of the course have to join the Aditya Birla Group, if they desire so they can join.
- Aditya Birla Scholarship Result will be announced in September 2015.
Who can apply – The Eligibility Criteria
|Class/ Age||Open to the students studying in IIMs/ XLRI – Jamshedpur/ IITs (B.Tech)/ BITS (Pilani) Campuses/LAW|
|Details||Students from the below mentioned institutes can only apply for the Scholarships:
The top 20 students in terms of their entrance exam ranking at the time of admission are invited to apply through the Dean of the respective institutes
Aditya Birla Scholarship 2015 Reward
A large part of academic fees as well as the hostel fees for the IITs / BITS stream is being covered by the Aditya Birla Scholarship. For management and law streams some part of the tuition fee is covered.
IIMs / XLRI
|Rs. 1,75,000 per annum|
IIT / BITS Pilani
Rs 65,000 per annum
All Law colleges
|Rs. 1,80,000 per annum or fees at actuals, whichever is lower|
- Funds will be sent to the Dean/Director: The scholarship funds are administered by the dean/director of the institution. All funds are sent directly to them via cheque for appropriate disbursal.
- Fee paid by students will be Refunded: The scholarship covers the entire course. Hence the Institute will refund the amount paid by the students as the Scholarship Results is announced only in September.
- Performance will be monitored: For the renewal of the Scholarship every year the performance of the Scholars will be monitored closely.
Aditya Birla Scholarship Renewal
The Scholarship will be renewed on the basis of the below mentioned Assessment Criteria
- Scholastic standards: The scholar must be in the top 25 percent of students in their batch
- Work done by the Scholar during the course of the programme: 60% of the total assignments submitted should have a rating of 7 on a 9 point scale.
- Participation in campus activities: Active participation in a minimum of two forums on campus.
- Learning: Scholar has to write a 350-word essay on “Being an Aditya Birla scholar: experience sharing”
Performance Measurement Data has to be submitted to by the Scholar and certified by the academic Dean at the institute.
Kindly Note: No single factor will be a major determinant.
Application Mode and Process
Aditya Birla Scholarship 2015 Application Process
- The Aditya Birla Group will directly send the application form to the Dean/ Principal of the Institutes.
- Candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria are required to fill up the Application Form and submit it to the Dean/director of their respective Institutes.
Aditya Birla Scholarship 2015 Selection Process
The below mentioned is the process through which the Scholars will be selected:
- On the basis of the information furnished in the Application Form by the applicants 160 students from the IIMs and XLRI, 160 students from the IITs and BITS (Pilani) and 80 students from law campuses will be evaluated.
- Round 1: For the next round the candidates will be selected on the basis of their overall achievements taking into consideration the academic and co-curricular excellence.
- Round 2: For the Final Round, shortlisted candidate’s Essays will be reviewed by a panel of judges.
- Facilities for the Shortlisted candidates: They will be provided accommodation, travel reimbursement and a token allowance to travel to Mumbai.
- At the time of Interview candidates have to carry all supporting documents such as copies of certificates, mark sheets, etc.
- Round 3: Final Round: Interview
- The Shortlisted students of Round 2 will be called for an interview.Interviews will be held in Mumbai
- Interviews will be conducted by an eminent panel of luminaries and academicians.
- After the interview Best 16 students each from – engineering and management and 8 from law will be selected.
- The Finally Selected students will be named Aditya Birla Scholars.
Aditya Birla Centre for Community Initiative and Rural Development Project
Aditya Birla Management Corporation Limited,
Aditya Birla Centre,
1st Floor, ‘C’ Wing,
S.K. Ahire Marg
Worli, Mumbai 400 030
Contact Aditya Birla Scholarship 2015 for IITs, IIMs, XLRI, BITS Pilani & Law Colleges
Tel: 91-22-6652 5000 / 2499 5000
Fax: 91-22-6652 5741 / 42