About Forbes Under 30 $1M Change the World Competition
- Forbes Under 30 $1 Million Change the World Competition is the largest-ever competition for young social entrepreneurs,funding those disruptive and scalable ideas that address global challenges.
- The competition is open to both Profit and Non Profit Organisations. It is not a b-plan competition rather the participating companies must be in operation and the prize money should be utilized to quicken the most promising ideas.
- Applications had to be made Online on the official website of HeroX.com and will be screened by the Wharton Social Impact Initiative of the University of Pennsylvania. The finalists will be announced on September 9 and final round will be held on October 6, 2015 and the finalists have to travel to Pennsylvania, USA from October 5-6, 2015 for the Forbes Under 30 Summit.
- A full-pass to the Summit will be provided; finalists are responsible for their own travel expenses.
- International applicants need to be mindful of visa and other logistics issues.
Who can apply – The Eligibility Criteria
|Class/ Age||Social Entrepreneurs Under 30 years of age|
Not Eligible to apply
Candidates born on or before October 6, 1985 are not eligible to participate.
Forbes Under 30 $1 Million Change the World Competition Reward
The challenge will award a total of $1,000,000 USD in cash and in-kind prizes
- The overall winner will receive at least $400,000 USD in additional cash and in-kind support
- Five or six $100,000 USD prizes
Other Benefits to the Finalists
- Finalists will be invited to participate in the Under 30 Impact Lab – an afternoon during which the attendees at the Under 30 Summit will work with challenge finalists to help them solve problems and accelerate their growth.
- A full-pass to the Summit will be provided
Kindly Note: Finalists are responsible for their own travel expenses.
International applicants need to be mindful of visa and other logistics issues.
Other Prizes Include
- Non Profit Prizes
- For Profit Prizes
- In-Kind Prizes
Application Mode and Process
Forbes Under 30 $1 Million Change the World Competition Application Process
- Candidates have to Apply Online at the official website of HeroX.com
- Candidates are required to answer around 30 questions in which they have to write short answers upload documents and create short videos.
- Candidates have to submit all the documents well before August 26, 2015 at 11:59PM Eastern Time.
Forbes Under 30 $1 Million Change the World Competition Selection Process
- From the pool of applications received, five or six competitors will be shortlisted who will receive a cash award of $100,000 USD.
- Candidates shortlisted will be asked for follow-up information or telephone interviews. The shortlisted candidates selected will be intimated before September 9, 2015.
- The shortlisted candidates will be informed email on or around 12:00 noon ET on September 9, 2015.
- The shortlisted candidates d must be able to travel to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania from October 5-6, 2015 for The Forbes Under 30 Summit.
- At the Forbes Under 30 Summit in Philadelphia on October 6, 2015 they will have to compete in the presence of 2,000 world-class mentors and the best young entrepreneurs and game-changers in the world, as culled from the Forbes 30 Under 30 lists.
- At The Forbes Under 30 Summit the winner will be selected.
The judging will be done on the following basis:
- True to the competition’s name, the judges will look for innovative models that attack big problems with solutions that are ascendable.
- The judges will look for a team of experts who have some bold ideas with the potential to make a huge impact.
- Judges are looking for solutions in the areas of education, extreme poverty, sustainability, global health and any other numberof other social problems.